Monday, July 20, 2009

Basket Makeover

I am feeling a lot better today, which means... I am back in to sewing! I am working on this quilt and I have another project I want to do.

I made this baby quilt for Rachel, when I was still pregnant with her.



In fact, I start working on this one rignt after I found out that I was having a girl. The fabric I used is one of my most favorite lines from Moda, designed by "Three Sisters" called "Sea Side Roses". In fact I love these fabrics so much that I named the quilt after the line.



I sewed this tag on the back of the quilt, and was going to write the name of the baby when I decided her name but forgot about it. My first two were boys, and I made them a bunch of quilts and blankets. I was so excited that I was finally able to make a quilt for a baby girl! I went to a quilt shop and when I saw these gorgeous fabrics, I almost fainted. They were exactly what I was looking for, delicate flowers, soft colors of pink and greens...sigh

Anyway, I finally decided what I am going to do with the left over fabric. I found this fantastic basket at DI about six month ago. I took off the old lining and cleaned it. I was going to get back to the project when I find the perfect fabric for the lining. Ha! I had it all along.



The summer is half way over but I don't think it is too late to have a sweet basket to go out, right?

6 comments :

  1. Glad you're feeling better! Love the baby quilt for your daughter and the basket will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also wanted to say I love the quilt label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished product. SO glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better...I miss you!! The quilt is gorgeous...can't wait to see what magic you perform on the basket! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice, your quilt and the story of it:-) Love the fabrics you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH my I think I am in love...how beautiful.....love your blog by the way! cherry

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin