Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hello, Shiny Pinecones!

Sometime in November when we had a nice warm day, Rachel and I picked up some pine cones. I wasn't quit sure what I was going to do with them, but I wanted to do some Christmas crafts. So, to start off, I spray painted them with silver paint... Then things got so busy. They have been patiently waiting for me.

Silly me, I started making a quilt for someone for Christmas. "Crafting with pine cones" went way down on my list of things to do, but I thought it is such a shame if they just sit in a bag. I decide to do this with them...

I displayed them with other Christmas-y stuff...

and scattered them around on the mantle...


This was pretty fun for Rachel too, her labor is displayed around house and making our home more festive and Christmas ready. What are your favorite Christmas decorations in your house? Are you all ready for Christmas?

3 comments :

  1. Those look really nice! I like shiny/sparkly things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this in the past and have sprayed some gold as well. I was fortunate to find some giant pine cones when visiting my brother's cabin. After spraying them we displayed them in a gold basket with some nice ribbon. I like the way you have them displayed. I love your site and have been following it for the past couple of years. Thank you for everything you share. Merry Christmas to you and you family.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin